A study by the German Federation of Chambers of Commerce (DIHK) shows that more and more entrepreneurs are reaching the age of retirement and the number of owners who want to hand over their company has risen to a record level. At the same time, however, the study revealed that a large proportion of them are not sufficiently prepared for a possible handover. Our comprehensive succession consultancy for entrepreneurs has been adapted to the requirements of small to medium-sized companies. Our high level of solution orientation, speed and our capabilities in complex project management enable us to achieve optimum results for our customers. We prepare the handover with the greatest care, so that nothing will stand in the way of a successful succession regulation. In order to avoid stumbling blocks, or deal breakers, we check the legal preconditions, ownership structures, and revenue growth possibilities with extreme care (see also succession consultation).
Our intensive and comprehensive analysis guarantees the optimal succession solution for our customers. On request, we are available to our customers for further discussion (and in coordination with our client), for example by advising the selected successor/buyer in his financing.
If an internal (regulated) succession is not an option, we check the possibility of the sale of the company to an external investor. We prepare the entrepreneur and the company for sale. In close consultation with our customers, we identify possible buyers, using both our internal and our external databases. We support the entire sales process up to handover to the successor/investor.
01 / Sequence for succession regulation
We can look back on more than six decades of experience in consultancy and support for the successions of mid-sized companies.
To prepare the life work of entrepreneurs for the future in good time, we offer professional support for the entire succession process.
- Development of a succession strategy
- Succession planning
- Value optimisation measures
- Company valuation of operational business
- Valuation of property and machinery
- Support in the transformation process in the event of succession within the family or management buy-in/buy-out
- Initiation of and support during an M&A process
02 / Objective of succession regulation
If a natural succession within the entrepreneur’s family or a management buy-in/buy-out is to take place, we support the implementation of this transformation process.
Services where succession is regulated
- Organisational and management structure
- Initiation of a transfer of expertise
- Implementation of new structures and processes
- Support for management and control instruments
- Creation of an advisory board
If the shareholders decide on a company or participation sale, we initiate an M&A process and also provide support during the entire transaction.
Services where succession is not regulated
- Preparing the company for the sales process
- Initiation of and support during an M&A process (nationally and also internationally)
- Identification of suitable takeover candidates (long list/short list)
- Contacting previously agreed candidates
- Performing due diligence
- Objective company valuation by an experienced team
- Professional guidance during the succession process
- Supporting purchasing negotiations up to completion of a contract